Wideband IP Voice Paging, Loud Ringing & Notification Alerting PoE Wall Speaker
The 8180 is a SIP compliant wall mount indoor speaker designed for voice paging, loud ringing, and emergency/safety/security notification and alerting. The speaker is PoE powered and does not require an additional amplifier. Common application environments include: classroom, factory (e.g., OH&S), warehouse, utility plant, work shop, garage, lunch room, kitchen, etc.
The wideband G.722 codec in the speaker provides optimum speech clarity and intelligibility. Voice paging and emergency announcements can be easier to understand with wideband, particularly in a noisy environment. The wideband capability of the speaker improves STI-PA intelligibility scores, which is important in meeting NFPA 72 requirements and the NEMA SB-40 2010 standard for emergency communication in education.
The 8180 speaker registers as a third party SIP endpoint with all leading premise or hosted UC providers. For multiple speaker deployments, additional devices do not require a SIP license. A single registered speaker can be configured to multicast to any number and mix of additional Algo speakers, strobes and/or paging adapters as required, providing cost effective scalability using a minimum of network traffic. For multicast page applications, zoned paging is supported via keypress selection.
Emergency Notification Alerting
For notification alerting, a WAV file is played by dialing the speaker’s Ring extension when configured for ring/announcement activation only. Up to 5 Ring extensions are available to register on a single speaker for applications requiring different types of emergency notification alerting (e.g., lockdown, evacuation, etc.). A Call To Cancel feature can be configured in the 8180 to allow emergency alerting to play continuously for the duration of the event, until a designated extension registered to the speaker is called to stop the alert. Any combination and number of Algo IP endpoints can receive a multicast for such emergency alerting.
- Superb audio clarity and intelligibility
- Network managed and supervised SIP and multicast endpoint
- PoE (802.3af) for plug and play network connectivity – no additional amplifier needed
- Eliminates narrowband FXS port or ATA
- Multicast to scale from one to many speakers
- Multifunctional speaker for voice paging, loud ringing, emergency notification alerting and bell scheduling applications
- Compatible with all varieties of Algo speakers, paging adapters and strobes for more comprehensive alerting solution requirements
- Wideband G.722 codec support for HD Voice
- Multicast receive or broadcast capability
- Mix with any number and model of Algo speakers, strobes and/or paging adapters using multicast (e.g. 8128, 8180, 8186, 8188, 8189, 8301, 8373) for a complete voice paging system
- Polycom Group Page
- Syn-Apps SA-Announce
- SIP compatibility with all leading UC vendors including: Avaya, Broadsoft, Cisco, Digium/Asterisk, Mitel, Metaswitch, NEC, and Polycom to name a few
- Configurable through web interface
- Auto-provisioning (i.e., TFTP, FTP, HTTP)
- SNMP supervision
- Internal memory of 3MB for uploaded WAV files or recorded messages
- Multiple SIP registrations for Ring (5) and Page (1) extensions
- Outputs for external speaker, slave amplifier, or strobe/visual alerter
- Pre-loaded with several ring tones including bell, chime, gong, buzzer, warble, and dogs (Note: custom WAV files can be uploaded to the device)
- UL/CSA, FCC, CE
- Dimensions: 17.8cm x 10.2cm x 6.5cm