The MR20 is best suited to entry-level wireless needs for small businesses and SOHO deployments.
Ideal use cases
- Basic wireless LANs
- Medium-density deployments
- Small business and SOHO wireless
- 2 radios: 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz
- 2-stream 802.11ac Wave 2 (MU-MIMO), up to 1.3 Gbps dual aggregate frame rate
- No dedicated security and scanning radio
- No dedicated Bluetooth Low Energy radio
- 1 × Gigabit Ethernet port
- PoE: 802.3at (compatible with 802.3af)
- AC adapter available
- Network-wide visibility and control
- Integrated analytics, reporting, and anomaly detection across networks
- Self-provisioning for rapid deployment
- Seamless firmware updates
- Redundancy and security built into cloud architecture
- Location analytics: measure visitor capture rate, visit length, and repeat visit rate over time and across sites
- Global L7 traffic analytics reporting per device, network, and application
- 802.1X and native Active Directory integration
- Stateful Layer 3-7 firewall
- Identity-based group policies
- Built-in antivirus scan (NAC)
- 1-click secure guest access
- Guest isolation firewall
- Customizable splash pages
- Integrated Facebook and Google login
- Cisco ISE integration for guest access and BYOD posturing
Layer 7 traffic shaping
- Classifies hundreds of applications
- Create per-application bandwidth limits
- Prioritize productivity apps
- Restrict or block recreational traffic
- Create device-specific firewall rules
- Monitor and track device inventory
- Deploy applications and enforce security settings
- Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) and Mobility Device Management (MDM) integration
- 2×2 MU-MIMO 802.11ac Wave 2.
- 1.3 maximum Gbps aggregate dual-band frame rate.
- Built-in wireless intrusion prevention system (WIPS).
- Application-aware traffic shaping.
- Self-configuring deployment.
- Integrated location analytics and heat map.
An Enterprise license is required to activate the MR20.