On the 18th of November 2021, Cambium Networks announced the end of sale (EOS) dates for Xirrus XH2-120 outdoor access points on the 10th of February 2022.
Following on from this, software development will cease 10th of February 2024 and the Xirrus XH2-120 access point is deemed to be end of life 10th of February 2026.
The replacement unit is the XH2-240 , a high-performance Wi-Fi access point designed for ruggedised and outdoor environments. It delivers extensive mobile access with Wi-Fi capacity up to 6.9Gbps and supports the latest multi-user MIMO technology with up to eight simultaneous client communications. Designed with a powerful integrated controller, layer 7 application visibility and simple user access with EasyPass, the XH2-240 provides a seamless Wi-Fi solution for outdoor or extreme environments, including campuses, transportation hubs, concert fields, refrigeration/chiller rooms, and more.
- Total Number of Radios: 1 x 2.4 GHz / 5 GHz – software-defined radio (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wave 2) and 1 x 5 GHz (802.11 a/n/ac Wave 2)
- Radio Type: 4×4:4, 802.11ac Wave 2
- Maximum Wi-Fi Bandwidth: 6.9 Gbps
- Chassis Dimensions: 29.84 x 22.22 x 10.6 cm
- Supported Standards: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wave 2
- MIMO Technology: MU-MIMO of up to 8 streams and SU-MIMO of up to 8 streams
- Channel Bonding: Up to 160 MHz
- Bluetooth Technology: Yes, 1 RP-SMA Female
- Wi-Fi Threat Sensor: Yes
- Weight: 2.49 kg (5.5 lbs)
- Maximum Wi-Fi Backhaul: 3.47 Gbps
- Antenna Connectors: 8 N-Type Female (4 per radio)
- Maximum Associated Devices: 512 per AP
- Max SSIDs: 16
- Max VLANs: 64
- Wired Uplinks: 2 x 1 GbE (1-PoE input)
SUPPORTS FOUR MODES: 802.3ad (aggregate traffic), failover, load balancing, mirrored
- Maximum Power Consumption 25.5 W – 802.3at PoE+ compatible
- In-band spectrum analysis
- Dynamic channel configuration
- Dynamic cell size configuration
- Monitor radio for threat assessment and mitigation wired and wireless packet captures (including all 802.11 headers)
- Wired and wireless RMON /packet captures
- Radio assurance for radio self-test and healing
- RF monitor
- 2.4 & 5 GHz Honeypot control – Increase available bandwidth by blocking associations at the access point
- 2.4 & 5 GHz wireless device density through management of spurious 2.4 & 5 GHz association traffic
- Ultralow power mode – maximize wireless channel
- Re-use and increase wireless device density through tight power controls
Data sheet here.
If you are interested in the Cambium XH2-240 outdoor access point please contact us through the website or call us on 1300799115.