Avaya has released IP Office Release 11 SP4 firmware. Aside from the usual bug fixes, the following new features have been added:
- The ability to join 2 separate conferences. This is something the Nortel Communication Server 1000 allowed but the IP Office did not, until now.
- Fallback twinning is another customer request that provides a mechanism for failing over to an external devise if a customer site supporting IP Office phones loses connectivity with the Cloud data centre. This is an enhancement to the existing mobile twinning.
- Avaya Equinox Shared Control Completion allows an Equinox client to control an associated desk phone on IP Office.
- Avaya Equinox on Vantage K165/K175 handsets with support for K155 handsets in telephony form factor to be added subsequently.
- Avaya Spaces user synchronisation adds the capability to automatically synchronise the user information between IP Office and Spaces.
- General Data Protection Regulation enhancements in Media Manager.
- Security Enhancements around SIP Registrar hardening, SIP User agent, NAT Aware Whitelisting and Blacklisting.
- J100 handset enhancements; Bluetooth support for the J179 phone using the optional WiFi/Bluetooth module; User BLF and Group BLF on the J139 phone; support for the new JEM24 expansion module for the J169 and J179 phones. It provides a greyscale display when use wth the J169 and colour when used with the J179.
- Serviceability enhancements for one-X Portal and a new SMTP Test for VM Pro.
- Additional Hypervisor support; VMWare ESXi 5.5 U2+, 6.0, 6.5 & 6.7, Microsoft HyperV on Server 2012 R2 and 2016, KVM and Amazon AWS AMI
Remember that Avaya will no longer be providing licenses for the older releases of IP Office from the end of June. If you have Avaya Support Services then the upgrade is free with some labour from your business partner. If you don't have Avaya Support Services then it may be worthwhile investigating it as it allows for both an upgrade to a supported version along with replacement of any cards in the system that may have developed faulty ports.
Depending on the current version of your IP Office, an upgrade may have to be completed in 2 steps and that will affect your downtime and the cost from your business partner.
If you have lost touch with your business partner then contact us for assistance.