The Algo 8301 is a paging adapter for IP enabling analogue voice paging systems. The device also functions as a scheduler for automated bells, tones, announcements and music. The Algo 8301 is a SIP interface to seamlessly bridge an analogue paging system to VoIP. Common application environments including a school, hospital, retail store, factory, airport / bus / train terminal, etc.
The Algo 8301 is a PoE IP Paging Adapter for integrating legacy analogue voice paging systems into a hosted / cloud or premise VoIP telephone system as a 3rd party SIP endpoint. The Adapter eliminates the need for an ATA or FXS port. Features include G.722 wideband support with isolated and balanced line output for optimum clarity and intelligibility without hum or noise.
To the network side, the Algo 8301 is a SIP endpoint for easy integration with an IP telephone system. It is configured using the intuitive web interface or provisioning capabilities.
On the paging side, the Algo 8301 provides balanced audio output using both an XLR connector and terminal block for easy connection to an amplifier, along with a dry contact closure if required by the amplifier. Note: The paging adapter is only recommended to connect to a single amplifier.
Further speech enhancement is provided by automatic level control, choice of frequency masks, and optional speech compression. Output level is compatible with consumer, commercial, and pro-audio amplifiers requiring either -10 dBm, 0 dBm, or +4 dBu line level.
An audio input (also balanced and isolated to prevent equipment ground loops) can be used for auxiliary input or insertion of the Algo 8301 between existing equipment. This allows IP based paging or emergency notification to take control of the amplifier as necessary.
Multicast capability allows scalability for multiple amplifiers, using separate 8301/8373 paging adapters, as well as integration with any number of Algo IP speakers/strobes (e.g. 8128, 8180, 8188) for a complete voice paging system.
Several audio files are pre-loaded into the 8301 internal memory for loud ringing / night bell applciations, however, users may also record or upload custom audio files, music, sound effects, or voice announcements, if desired. Up to 10 Ring extensions are available to register on an adapter, thereby allowing the 8301 to act as a alerter for several telephones by configuring different ring groups for each registered extension.
The 8301 also features a Scheduler for automating the playing and multicasting of WAV file tones, bells, announcements, music, etc. The Scheduler uses the NTP server to synchronise with IP clocks, and is ideal for schools (i.e., class changes, recess, playing an anthem, etc.), retail and healthcare announcements (e.g., store closing, visiting hours, etc.), and workplace shift changes, breaks, etc. Audio is available to be play via the 8301 line out and/or as a multicast. No SIP registration is required for configuring the Scheduler.
- Superb audio clarity and intelligibility – no hum or noise
- Network managed and supervised SIP and multicast endpoint
- PoE (802.3af) for plug and play network connectivity
- Eliminates narrowband FXS port or ATA
- Multicasting capability to include Algo IP speakers and strobes
- Easy and intuitive web interface to configure scheduled announcements, tones, bells, music, etc.
- Synchronisation of scheduler and IP clocks using NTP server
- Linux appliance; no dependency on software or PC for bell scheduling
- Wideband G.722 codec support for HD Voice
- Isolated and balanced audio output
- Automatic level control
- Multicast for cost effective scalability – mix with any number and variety of Algo speakers, strobes and paging adapters (e.g. 8128, 8180, 8188, 8301, 8373) for a complete voice paging system
- Support for RTP, Polycom Group Page, InformaCast and SA-Announce multicast types
- SIP compatibility with all leading UC vendors including Avaya, Broadsoft, Cisco, Digium/Asterisk, Mitel, Metaswitch, NEC, Polycom and Yealink to name a few
- Configurable through web interface
- Auto-provisioning (i.e., TFTP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS). Also supported: TLS & SRTP (secure SIP signalling and media), SIP over TCP (allows increased packet size over UDP), DNS SRV Record, and CDP/LLDP automatic VLAN assignment.
- Internal 1GB memory for uploaded WAV files or recorded messages for notification alerting and scheduled tones/announcements
- Pre-loaded with several ring tones
- Multiple SIP registrations for Page (50), Emergency Alert (10) and Ring (10) extensions
- Configurable for DTMF zone selection
- Programmable relay (dry contact) output
- Programmable relay (dry contact) input or illuminated and supervised wall button
- 3.5mm Aux Input jack for playing and multicasting music
- UL/CSA, FCC, CE
- IP phone system integration with traditional analogue amplifier (e.g. single zone voice paging)
- Hybrid voice paging solution to integrate analogue speaker infrastructure and multicasting to IP endpoints
- Emergency (e.g., lockdown, evacuation, reverse evacuation), safety (e.g., medical, workplace accident), security notification alerting
- Scheduler for school bells, automated announcements for retail and healthcare, workplace shift changes and breaks
The Algo 8301 is available from ICS Technologies in Brisbane, Australia. Contact us if you would like to discuss how to implement one in your business.