The 8188 is a SIP compliant IP ceiling speaker for voice paging, emergency notification and playing background music. The speaker is PoE and does not require an additional amplifier. The 8188 is UL2043 certified for installation in air handling spaces. Common application environments include a school, hospital, retail store and office spaces. A Hydrophobic Membrane Screen can be attached to the speaker for placement in areas subject to moisture (e.g. shower). Algo 8188 IP Ceiling Speaker for Voice Paging, Notification Alerting and Playing Music
Wideband G.722 codec (HD voice) support in the speaker provides optimum speech clarity and intelligibility. Voice paging and emergency announcements can be easier to understand with wideband, particularly in a noisy environment. The super-wideband frequency response enables music quality far superior to narrowband IP or transformer coupled analog speakers. Wideband audio capability is helpful in meeting OSHA requirements as well as the NEMA SB-40 2010 standard for emergency communication in education. To support the reference to the intelligibility requirements of NFPA 72, the 8188 speaker was measured to have a STI-PA intelligibility score of 0.95 in an office environment at 70 dBA level with ambient noise of 49 dBA.
The 8188 speaker registers as a 3rd party SIP endpoint with most hosted / cloud or premise VoIP telephone systems. For ease and simplicity, the 8188 can announce its static or DHCP IP address so access to an intuitive web interface makes configuring the device straight forward. Additionally, the speaker supports auto-provisioning for minimal touch configuration.
For multiple speaker deployments, additional devices do not require a SIP license. A single registered speaker can be configured to multicast to any number and mix of additional Algo speakers, strobes and/or paging adapters as required, providing cost effective scalability using a minimum of network traffic. For multicast page applications, zoned paging is supported as a SIP extension (50) or as a keypress selectable zone.
- Superb audio clarity and intelligibility
- Network managed and supervised SIP and multicast endpoint
- PoE (802.3af) for plug and play network connectivity – no additional amplifier is required
- Eliminates narrowband FXS port or ATA
- Multicast to scale from one to many speakers
- Multifunctional speaker for voice paging, playing music, emergency notification alerting and bell scheduling applications
- Compatible with all varieties of Algo speakers, paging adapters and strobes for more comprehensive alerting solution requirements
- Excellent capability for playing background music
- Wideband G.722 codec support for HD Voice
- Multicast receive or broadcast capability
- Mix with any number and variety of Algo speakers, strobes and/or paging adapters using multicast (e.g. 8128, 8180, 8188, 8301, 8373) for a complete voice paging system
- Supports RTP, Polycom Group Page, InformaCast and SA-Announce multicast types
- SIP compatibility with all leading UC vendors including: Avaya, Broadsoft, Cisco, Digium/Asterisk, Mitel, Metaswitch, NEC, Polycom and Yealink to name a few
- Configurable through web interface
- Auto-provisioning (i.e., TFTP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS). Also supported: TLS & SRTP (secure SIP signalling and media), SIP over TCP (allows increased packet size over UDP), DNS SRV Record, and CDP/LLDP automatic VLAN assignment.
- SNMP supervision
- Music capable
- Internal memory of 1GB for uploaded WAV files or recorded messages
- Multiple SIP registrations for Ring (10), Emergency Alert (10) and Page (50) extensions
- Programmable relay (dry contact) output
- Programmable relay (dry contact) input or illuminated and supervised wall button
- Hydrophobic Membrane Screen (part no. 8188MEM) can be attached to the speaker for placement in areas subject to moisture (e.g. shower)
UL/CSA, FCC, CE, UL2043
- Dimensions: 205mm diameter without trim ring; 249mm with trim ring; total height 178mm
- To ease the installation, a 600mm x 600mm aluminium tile is available with a pre-cut hole as the 8188 T2x2
- IP voice paging, indoors, for a school, campus, hospital, retail store, and office. Note: Placement of the speaker in areas subject to moisture (e.g. shower) is possible when fitted with the 8188MEM Hydrophobic Membrane Screen.
- Multicast wide area emergency, safety and security notification alerts (e.g., lockdown, evacuation, reverse evacuation, medical emergency, safety alert, etc.)
- Scheduled or automated announcements. Using the Algo 8301 to multicast, announcements/tones can be played over any model of Algo IP speaker. For example, school (i.e., class changes, recess, playing an anthem, etc.), retail and healthcare announcements (i.e., store closing, visiting hours, etc.), and workplace shift changes, breaks, etc.
- Combine with all variety of Algo visual and audible IP endpoints to create more comprehensive notification alerting solutions (e.g. 8128, 8180, 8188, 8301, 8373)
- IP loud ringing to avoid missed calls in a higher noise environment where telephone ringing is difficult to hear
- Play background music (e.g., multicast via 8301 music input)
The Algo 8188 is available from ICS Technologies in Brisbane, Australia. Contact us if you would like to discuss how to implement one in your business.